- Strong interest in the construction trades
- (18) years of age or older
- Resident of Portland Metro area ( Salem & Vancouver)
- US citizen or legal resident & possess appropriate work permits
- High school diploma, GED or 3 test completed towards GED.
- Reading and math functions at eight (8th) grade level
- Be physically, socially and mentally capable of meeting training & employment expectations
- Pass drug screening
- Must possess or be capable of acquiring a state drivers’ license and/or auto insurance
Steps to Applying:
- Attend an Informational Orientation. (Applications are handed out at orientation). Held every 2nd and 4th Monday of every month at 1:30 pm. Please call (503) 281-1234 to attend an orientation.
- Fill out application and turn in documentation after informational orientation. Once application and documentation are turned in you will receive an interview.
- Have Interview.
Documentation For Application:
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED (If working on GED please have proof of tests completed.)
- Copy of NCRC testing scores. These tests can be taken at any Worksource (Employment Office). More information will be given to you regarding this at an orientation.
Please bring all documentation to orientation if possible.
Steps to get an interview:
(WASHINGTON RESIDENTS ONLY)
1. Attend the Washington Constructing Hope Orientation
2. Go to Vancouver Worksource, 204 Stonemill Drive, Vancouver, WA. and let
them know you are signing up for Constructing Hope class.
3. Submit the following documents to Constructing Hope:
a. Copy of GED or High School Diploma
b. High School transcripts. Please make sure they are sealed.
c. Copy of your Washington License or Photo ID
Go to Work Source with photo ID and complete the following
This customer,__________________Job Seeker ID# (if available) ______________________
Needs to complete the Welcome Process
Needs to meet with a Skills Team member to complete WIA documentation
Has an appointment with _____________to________ Appointment date:________time:_____
Needs to complete the following Work Ready elements:
Clear Career Objective
Core Employment Skills (NCRC & HS/GED)
Soft Skills / Interview Readiness Assessment
Is at WSPM to __________Referred by __________at ____________phone # __________
- (1) Attend Constructing Hope Orientation,
- (2) Copy of Driver’s License or Oregon ID,
- (3) Copy of GED or High School Diploma, and
- (4) High School transcripts (please make sure they are sealed) .
- Please return the completed form to Constructing Hope office.