$21.00 – $25.00/hour, DOE
August 3, 2021
Constructing Hope’s mission is to rebuild the lives of people in our community by encouraging self-sufficiency through skills training and education in the construction industry. We provide no-cost, ten-week construction training programs, placement services, and career advancement support. We serve minorities, people coming from incarceration, and low-income adults. A youth summer camp provides skills, motivation, and construction career pathways. Constructing Hope’s goals are to: (1) help the long-term unemployed attain sustainable careers, (2) increase workforce diversity, (3) reduce recidivism, and (4) meet hiring needs in the construction industry.
The Case Manager is a non-exempt, part time position and provides overall administrative case management and administrative support services offered to students. Work involves identification and coordination of community resources and supportive services; client assessment, providing educational workshops, client counseling, client advocacy and electronic maintenance of all program records and documentation and producing reports using a variety of data management systems.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Case Management and coordination of all program intake procedures and processes including initial screening for program eligibility and suitability. Working with the Job Developer, you create effective case management practices, ensure accuracy and completeness of all documents, and use a variety of Microsoft applications or other computerized tracking systems to enter client information and produce a variety of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Provide direct intervention assistance and refer clients to appropriate services and resources, conduct group and individual orientations and provide client advocacy services to assist participants in receiving needed services.
- Assist team to develop short-term case plans for client support services (transportation, child-care, etc.), meeting with participants to assess progress and discuss strategies for post program completion.
- Electronic Data Management of client information and files; information input into established tracking systems and producing a variety of monthly, quarterly and/or yearly reports.
Applicants Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of 3 years direct experience providing case management in a social service setting
- Knowledge of a broad range of social service and assistance providers for disadvantaged and communities of color
- Strong organizational skills and electronic data management, including proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel, Outlook, or other data tracking systems
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse population
- Knowledge of or the Ability to learn about the Trades, including union and non-union labor practices within the construction trades
- Have reliable transportation for local travel during work hours
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above to: [email protected]
Please note: We are a drug-free program. If you are offered the job, you will be asked to have a drug screening test or other testing procedures as necessary for completion of the hiring process.
Constructing Hope is an EEP and Substance Free Workplace