Outreach and Recruitment Specialist
$18.00 – $22.00/hour, DOE
August 3, 2021
Constructing Hope’s mission is to rebuild the lives of people in our community by encouraging self-sufficiency through skills training and education in the construction industry. We provide no-cost, ten-week construction training programs, placement services, and career advancement support. We serve minorities, people coming from incarceration, and low-income adults. A youth summer camp provides skills, motivation, and construction career pathways. Constructing Hope’s goals are to: (1) help the long-term unemployed attain sustainable careers, (2) increase workforce diversity, (3) reduce recidivism, and (4) meet hiring needs in the construction industry.
The Outreach and Recruitment Specialist will assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and outreach designed to meet enrollment goals in targeted geographic areas and specific populations. The position is responsible for programmatic and individual recruitment activities.
- Act as the primary point of contact for fostering partnerships with community partners, including prisons and jails.
- Provide detailed information related to enrollment, pre-apprenticeship training, and the admissions and enrollment processes.
- Assess and promptly respond to the needs and concerns of prospective students via email, social media, phone and in person.
- Recruit, students from targeted geographic areas and populations.
- Communicate both orally and in written form about Constructing Hope’s admission requirements, program offerings, and available resources.
- Attend career and community events themed around job placement and recruitment.
- Provide individual and group admissions support to guide prospective students through the process of becoming a student at Constructing Hope.
- Work with the Marketing department at Constructing Hope to develop strategic and effective recruitment messages, flyers, and social media initiatives.
- Professionally represent Constructing Hope to its constituents.
- Must be willing to work a flex schedule including some evenings.
Data & Process Management
- Support and meet the attainment of numeric recruiting goals set by the Executive Director.
- Increase the enrollment rate(s) of targeted population.
- Proactively organize, implement, and track recruitment activities and events.
- Provide reports pertaining to outreach and recruitment activities.
Applicants Must Have:
- High School Diploma and two years of professional experience in outreach and recruitment. Sales experience would be a plus.
- Experience working and communicating with low income and diverse populations.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills and electronic data management, including proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel, Outlook, or other data tracking systems
- Knowledge of construction trades is a plus.
- Have reliable transportation for local travel during work hours
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating how you meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above to: [email protected]
Please note: We are a drug-free program. If you are offered the job, you will be asked to have a drug screening test or other testing procedures as necessary for completion of the hiring process.
Constructing Hope is an EEP and Substance Free Workplace